Next year is going to be a year of travel.
Starting some point between the middle of February and the end of March/beginning of April we are getting on the road to see the other 49 states. Yes living in Hawaii is idyllic, but not the best for a person with motorcycle wanderlust. So, we decided to spend a year on the road (more or less).
We’ll pack up the house, rent it out and get on the roads in the US for a year or until we change our mind:
– it’s grows old or uncomfortable (crotchitiness sets in),
– it gets too cold (this is my actual fear),
– or we decide to switch to international travel (this is my hope!)
– To see the National Parks
– To see many National Monuments
– To do something in memorable in each of the states (If could be simply a memorable meal)
– To see family lots
– To see LOTS of caves and caverns (Jean)
– To enjoy several motorcycle events both on and off-road (Greg) – Adventure off-road as much as fun can (trails, dirt roads, etc.)
– See several Museums and Aquariums
– Ride the iconic Route 66 from end to end (preferably from Chicago to LA).
I did not want to be limited to only paved roads so I sold Sheherazade (’05 BMW K1200LT) and picked up a ’17 BMW R1200GS from RawHyde Adventures.
Next will be to pick up an RV for Jean, Nalu (puppy), and Buckingham (cat).
Obviously the year is not planned out in it’s entirety right now, but we are having a lot fun looking at all the options. Honestly, I’m not sure that a year will be enough.